Founder and Managing Partner
As a founder and managing partner of Flint Cooper, Ethan established the law firm in 2007 with only three employees.
Ethan is a managing member of Flint Cooper, LLC. Under his leadership, the firm has expanded to offices located in Illinois, Kentucky and Texas with a diverse practice focused on complex litigation matters. Ethan leads the firm’s federal, Fifth Amendment Takings practice. This includes representing individuals and corporations with claims from conversion of their property under the National Trails System Act, flooding claims from US Army Corp projects and regulatory related claims as a result of government overreach. To date, Flint Cooper has represented thousands of clients who have had their property taken by government action.
Ethan was raised in Kentucky, where he and his family currently reside. Outside of the firm, Ethan devotes his time to family, raising horses, wildlife conservation and agriculture. Ethan has also served on the boards of various community and conservation-related charitable organizations.
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas
- Saint Louis University School of Law, Juris Doctor
- Saint Louis University, Bachelor of Arts (Biology), cum laude
- American Bar Association
- American Association for Justice – Leaders Forum
- Court of Federal Claims Bar Association
- The National Trial Lawyers
- The Federalist Society
- Kentucky Justice Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Madison County Bar Association