For over 30 years, Rich has been litigating cases successfully.
While in law school, Rich was a member of the Missouri Law Review and clerked for the Honorable Judge Stanley A. Grimm in the Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District, St. Louis. After graduation from law school, Rich began his legal career at a large St. Louis defense firm litigating cases for corporations, businesses and individuals at the trial and appellate levels in Illinois and Missouri courts.
20 years ago, Rich left the large firm practice so he could represent individuals with significant injuries or illnesses, much like those people with whom he grew up in St. Louis. Rich worked for firms representing individuals with cancer from asbestos and benzene exposure before Illinois, Missouri and Delaware courts. Following his tenure at the firm, Rich ventured out on his own and partnered with Ethan Flint and Rob Evola to start their own firm managing hundreds of cancer cases and being involved in all aspects of the litigation, particularly discovery, depositions, motions, experts, trials and settlements, and representing individuals from most states and even Canada.
Currently, Rich maintains a separate practice as the Saville Law Firm, LLC, handling cancer cases resulting from asbestos and benzene exposure. In addition to litigation, Rich has served as a guest lecturer at the University of Missouri-Columbia and William Woods University, Mealey’s Benzene Litigation Conference in Phoenix, Arizona (2007) and BVR Legal/Mealey’s Benzene Litigation Conference in Los Angeles, California (2008).
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern District of Missouri
- U.S. District Courts, Central District of Illinois
- U.S. District Courts, Southern District of Illinois
- University of Missouri-Columbia, Juris Doctor
- University of Missouri-Columbia, Bachelor of Arts (Economics), with honors
- American Association for Justice
- Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- American Bar Association – Asbestos Section, Litigation Section, and Entertainment and Sports Industry Forum (former)
- Madison County Bar Association (former)
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association (former)
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy (former)